Pentair Intellitouch with ScreenLogic2 Interface

brettatk

May 16, 2019
Powder Springs, GA
Hi there. Long time browser first time posting. I'm trying to hook up the ScreenLogic2 Interface with the wireless connection kit. I already have the big white Pentair Easy Touch remote configured to my system. The remote already has an outdoor transceiver connected to the Intellitouch control board, I have not connected the transceiver that came with the wireless installation kit yet. I installed the software on my laptop and it does detect my local system. But when I click on "Configure ScreenLogic" it goes to the next screen but sits on "Connecting to Screenlogic" and never connects. Is it because I don't have the transceiver that came with the wireless connection kit hooked up or do I have another issue somewhere? It's too dark out there to hook up the other transceiver but figured I'd try to find out if that is most likely the issue before hooking it up tomorrow. Thanks for any help you can provide.

eta: Ok, looking at it further I see the protocol adapter only talks with the wireless transceiver that came with it (since the two codes must match). Because of that it's not going to work with the transceiver that the remote uses. I'll hook up the new transceiver tomorrow and will try again. Sorry to waste everyone's time. I'm sure I'll have more questions though as I go. Pool company wanted $1300 to install this for me. Figured I could do it and if I ran into any issues I could get a little online help. :)

Last edited:

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
Brett,

The two sets of wireless links are different.. You will need to add the two units that came with ScreenLogic.. You can still use your old Pentair remotes with their wireless links.. you can use both at the same time.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: brettatk

brettatk

May 16, 2019
Powder Springs, GA
Hooked up the new transceiver on Sunday and everything works great. I really can't believe the local pool store wanted over $1100 to install this thing. It literally took less than 30 minutes to do everything involved. So much easier now being able to monitor and control everything via the app.

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX

brettatk

May 16, 2019
Powder Springs, GA
Thanks! Yes, I have it installed on my laptop as well. I've also found some things much easier to program using the PC rather than the SL Config app. I had to recalibrate the water temp after we had a heater installed and using the SL Config app just couldn't do it but worked perfectly with the PC. Our setup is a little simpler as we do not have a spa and the only features are our 3 waterfalls and 2 pool lights. So much easier after adding Screenlogic. Not sure why I waited so long but when I saw that quote from the pool store figured it was time I tried it myself. :)

Reactions: Jimrahbe