NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi y'all-so all of a sudden my Pentair Intelliflo stopped working. No humming. Just clicks when the power is turned on. Unit has power but realized that the impeller does not spin/turn. Nothing is jammed in the impeller. Any advice? The pump is about 6 years old so if I can avoid replacing it, that would be great. I appreciate any assistance you may have. Thanks in advance

mam,

Before you try to measure the pump's 240 volts input power, I suggest that you reset the circuit breaker that is providing power to the IntelliFlo..

If that does not work, then you will need to use a voltmeter and measure the input voltage right at the pump.. Measure between L1 and L2... you should get about 240 volts AC.. Do not measure L1 to ground and L2 to ground and then add the voltages together, that will not work in this case.

James and I are assuming (or hoping) that you have just lost one side of your 240 volts going to the pump.

What does the pump's display show???

If you have an EasyTouch, make sure you are not in the Service Mode.

Thanks,

Jim R.

We had turned the circuit breaker off and on and it still did the same thing so we took it apart partially and found this piece in the impeller but with the impeller off, the impeller still does not turn. Is this normal? Not sure if this is something that came off from somewhere or if it somehow got in there. I went ahead and ordered new gaskets since it is partially apart at this point. I did this before I got a response from y'all.

Attachments

• IMG_5428.jpg
    IMG_5428.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5429.jpg
    IMG_5429.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 16
I can't tell what that is.

Maybe something is jamming the impeller.

Maybe some more pictures of everything.

Is the diffuser off where you can see the impeller?

Does it look like the pump has been leaking?

Did the bolts come out easily to take the pump apart?

The diffuser is off and I can see the impeller and it does not look like it was leaking. It was not easy to take the bolts off. Thought that was what was not allowing the impeller to spin but even with that out, it is still not spinning. Ordered new seal plate because the housing for where the screws fit in came out in a few of them.

When the bolts come loose, the motor can pull back and the impeller will begin rubbing on the seal plate. Do you see evidence of the impeller rubbing on the seal plate?

Remove the impeller and the seal plate and then see if the motor shaft turns easily.

Note that the impeller set screw is reverse thread.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.