Pentair Intelliconnect with UltraTemp heat pump

You would never connect an RS-485 bus to the Spa and Com spade connections.. Two total separate ways to control the heater.

The Spa / Common are used with low voltage AC from the heater through a relay in the automation. The RS-485 is a digital Serial communications system.

I really don't know anything about the IntelliConnect.. Let me see what I can find..

Thanks,

Jim R.

TLDR; use the POOL and COM ports via spade connectors

The IntelliConnect has two two-pair RS485 connectors (For the IntelliFlo VS pump and IntelliChlor salt cell), and then it has a two-pair connector for "temp," and a two-pair connector for "Heater".

That said, and to your point, only the RS485 connectors connect via the Green/Yellow data cables to the respective hardware. The temp probe connects directly, and the Pentair UltraTemp Heat Pump connects to the POOL and COM ports via spade connectors.

I don't think the IntelliConnect supports controlling the UltraTemp using the RS-485 data connection. You have to use the Relay Remote “Spade” terminals on the UltraTemp connected with a 2 wire cable to the heater connection terminal on the IntelliConnect.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.