Pentair Intellicenter

az5555

May 12, 2019
Ohio
I just just upgraded my pool/spa remote system to the Pentair IntellCenter. The local pool company I used to install it has been next to useless. Their have been numerous things I have to fix/configure. I have almost everything working except for remote to the heater. I can switch between pool and spa mode and see the temperate but I can't control the set point from Intellicenter. It allows me to change the temperature but the heater never accepts the changes. I have reviewed the manual the heater remote wire looks to be installed correctly into the J2 controller in the intellicenter control. Is there anyone here that might know what else to check?

Thanks

Welcome to TFP.

What heater do you have?

The J2 terminal controls the firemans switch on the gas heater to cycle the heater on and off. The Intellicenter uses it's water temp sensor to act as the thermostat to turn the gas heater an and off as needed. It does not send the temp to the gas heater control panel.

Last edited:
"Most " heaters need to be on and set to max temp.. then the IntelliCenter just closes a small low voltage relay which turns on the contol loop inside the heater.. It does not set the set point on the heater..

We need to know which heater and if you are using the Firemans switch or if you are using the RS-485 com port...???

Calling @MyAZPool

Jim R.

We need to know which heater and if you are using the Firemans switch or if you are using the RS-485 com port...???

J2 on the Intellicenter is for the firemans switch control.

J4/J5 is the COMM port that can directly control Pentair UltraTemp Heat Pump/UltraTemp and Hybrid Heat Pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.