Pentair IntelliCenter with Expansion Boards

Walker189

Apr 28, 2021
Lebanon. PA
I am not a pool guy - I am an automation programmer. I have a client with an Intellicenter and 2 10 circuit expansion boards. For the most part the integration is working as it should. All devices on the main board are being controlled and reporting properly. The problem I am having is with the expansion boards - the control system is only seeing 1 auxiliary board, and when a command is sent to control any of the circuits on the one board, it is also controlling the circuit on the second aux board. This would lead me to believe that there has to be some sort of addressing that needs to be done, and that both boards currently have the same address.
1) First question is - are the aux boards addressed in some way?
2) If so - how?

The pool guy who did the programming is not understanding the issue as he tells me the circuits work fine - but he is activating them manually at the board, so they should work independently then

Welcome to TFP.

Let’s see if @MyAZPool has got into expansion boards.

I have not heard of folks here having that large a system.

The only one I know of who has one of the Expansion panels (i10X) is @John_and_Val. Maybe he can provide some advice. I know that he had to work with Pentair quite a bit to get it right.
See his build thread here. Florida - New In-ground Large Build
Maybe @rstrouse can be of assistance regarding this matter as well.
Thanks
r.

Reactions: Charelston40
Go into the detect hardware setting in the IntelliCenter menu. Make sure it is finding both power/load centers. Then when these are programmed they will have a section for each expansion board. I know that a single i10x works as advertised but I have yet to see it with 2 i10x installed. And yes they should be identified based upon the power/load center expansion number.

However, you can only install 1 each i10x per power or load center. If you have an i5x in the power center then add the i10x expansion you may not install another i10x to get 5 more circuits. A complete i10x is an i5x with an i10x expansion on it installed in its own power/load center. I know this is very confusing but put another way, when you install an i10x you are actually installing an i5x + and i10x expansion for a total of 10 circuits. Each of the boards contain 5 circuits and the i5x contains all the comm port functions and the processor. The i10x simply adds some relay ports.

Reactions: MyAZPool
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.