Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello,

Was anybody able to have a remote RS485, an EW11< that is configured in "client" mode, which connects to your socket port which then feeds the received data to /dev/ttyUSB0 ?

I tried to follow the instructions form Docker · tagyoureit/nodejs-poolController Wiki the "Docker socat example:" section but I get an error similar to:

when the socat command is executed:

I even tried to install socat on my OS, not in docker, and run manually the command - still not wrking

I'm looking to run socat in tcp-listen mode so that the EW11 can reconnect and push the data to socat port, instead of having NJPC connect to EW11 - since I see that NJPC doesn't reconnect if EW11 restarts, or there is a network issue.

Any help is appreciated.
This issue was likely fixed 5 days ago (Commands fail after temporary loss of RS485 connectivity · Issue #357 · tagyoureit/nodejs-poolController). Please try your original configuration again and if it persists open an issue in github.

In the grand scheme, Socat has it's own issue of reconnecting, so you are introducing new potential problems by adding a 2nd hop (njsPC->socat->Elfin). I don't recommend this.

snagytx81

Jun 11, 2021
Houston/TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Thank you, pulled the latest changed and created a new docker image, then reconfigured to connect to Elfin.