Pentair intellibrite model 601101 leaking or is it?

Apr 12, 2017
BROOKSVILLE/FL
Light is only 3 or 4 years old; initially went out; took apart and saw moisture in the light area so I replaced the gasket with factory one; lasted 5 or 6 days then began to severely dim I powered off and again found moisture in the light area. Ordered a special "100% silicone" gasket that Amazon reviewers claimed had repaired many of their leaks. Installed and this one failed after 2 or 3 nights. Took apart and found moisture once again - this time I put this expensive gasket back in with waterproof silicone sealant on both sides; also installed waterproof putty to the base where the plug cord goes into the light fixture to eliminate any leakage via the cord. It lasted about 3 hours before the light began dimming and then went all the way out. I took apart the fixture to find a 3 small drops of water in the trough where the gasket lies but no signs of water past this trough or inside the light. Now I'm wondering if the light board itself is defective? Is there some way to test? I really don't want to purchase and install another $400 light but getting close to running out of ideas...anyone have an idea? :?

Thanks - Bill

The 601101 is the 120V model, correct?
Check the supply voltage to see if it is dropping under load. Put your voltmeter leads on the load side of the GFI breaker feeding the light. Turn on the light and record the voltage, then watch the voltage as the light dims (does the voltage drop?. If yes, check the line side of the breaker). Or if you have a clamp on amperage meter you can check the amperage on the wire to the light.
Do you have just one light on the breaker?
Is the light controlled by a Pentair IntelliBrite Controller or IntelliTouch/EasyTouch or standard light switch?

CountryBumkin - Yes 120V model - since it has run for several hours at a time and/or for several days and the latest attempt dropped down to a few hours I am hoping it is still the moisture causing shutdown; the light goes straight back to small breaker panel on single circuit. I will leave the electrical suspect for now but will keep in mind thanks! FYI I did see 3 bubbles when I lowered the light into the pool...

jasong - could be driver board, hope not. Like I said to the other Bumkin - I did see 3 bubbles when lowering in water on this last attempt. These things can't be that fragile can they? Is it useless to try and purchase a driver board? I have been really wrenching the secure bolt around the ring I plan to let up and just snug with even more silicon sealer this next and probably final time. Also if I let down the water below the light can I not cut the cord and attach a new light? (is there a splice kit that is waterproof?) Thanks!

Also if I let down the water below the light can I not cut the cord and attach a new light? (is there a splice kit that is waterproof?) Thanks!

It is not permitted to cut/splice the feed wire to the light. If you need to replace the light, you would pull the old light out with its cord (attach a pull sting the the old cord), and pull in the new light/cord at that time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.