Pentair IC60 Registering 0 Salt Content

mayberry32

Silver Supporter
Jun 24, 2019
Watkinsville, GA
Pool was completed about a month ago and everything has worked perfectly, until yesterday. When I woke up yesterday morning, my ScreenLogic screen showed 0 salt content. When I went outside, the red light was on, stating salt was LOW. I tested the salt and it was 3000. I already had a bag of salt on hand, so I added it, because I wanted the salt content a little higher than that. Then, after running the pump for 3-4 hours, I reset the system and the SWCG registered everything okay. While the reading is always wrong on the screen logic, it picked back up and stated that my salt content was 3000 and everything was okay. It ran fine all afternoon and into the evening, with no issues.

Fast forward to this morning...same thing. my IntelliChlor reading on my ScreenLogic is reading 0 again. What would cause this, and will it cause my SWCG to stop producing chlorine? I thought these things stopped functioning when the salt content drops below 2600. Is that when it actually drops that low, or when it's readings show that the salt content is below 2600? If it's based off the reading alone, then it isn't working at all right now.

A few other things that may be helpful: I added water 2 days ago, as it's hot here and it had evaporated to where the top step was completely dry. So, water needed to be added. I also added 1 bag of salt yesterday, as I'd added fresh water and the reading was 3000 before I added water. Pool temp is running 81-84 most days right now. No idea what could cause this or how to fix it.

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX

Sounds to me like your temperature thermister is bad.. This thermister helps the cell determine what the salt level is based upon the water temperature..

I suggest that you call your pool builder and have them send out a Pentair tech to fix it under warranty...

Note that this thermister is part of the cell's Flow Switch assembly..

Thanks,

Jim R.

mayberry32

Silver Supporter
Jun 24, 2019
Watkinsville, GA
Called the pool builder and he's coming out to check it out. I tried to reset the entire system and it's still showing as 0. No idea how it would break randomly after a month of working, but he's checking it out and that's what warranties are for, I guess.

Goob

Gold Supporter
Oct 20, 2015
Magnolia, TX
Mayberry, I’ve had the same model for 2 years now and Pentair replaced the IC60 the first time (6 months over winter so barely used) and a circuit board the second time. It happens unfortunately.