Pentair IC60 Cold Water Indicator but H2O about 85degF

Hi ... need some help to know if there is an easy fix to the water temperature sensor indicating a cold water condition which surely is not the situation. As above - the unit is a Pentair Intellichlor Model IC60 and is only 2 years old. Many thanks to the loads of advice hopefully coming my way.

Hi ... need some help to know if there is an easy fix to the water temperature sensor indicating a cold water condition which surely is not the situation. As above - the unit is a Pentair Intellichlor Model IC60 and is only 2 years old. Many thanks to the loads of advice hopefully coming my way.
Pentair has a good customer service line for support - I was told a good cleaning will likely fix the problem (temp, flow and salt sensor are all contained in the same sensor assembly.)

Philo

Oct 8, 2015
San Diego, Ca.
If you haven't cleaned the cell in 2 years, Pentair's advise is definitely worth a try.
I like a muriatic acid mixture of 6:1 and rinse when the bubbles slow down. There is a coating on the plates that you don't want the acid to etch.
Also, you'll need an end cap that screws on to one end of the SWG for soaking/cleaning https://www.amazon.com/Hayward-GLX-CELLSTAND-Cleaning-Stand-Replacement/dp/B002YLWYH0

Lot's of YouTube videos on this procedure.