Pentair IC60 and Easytouch8-SWG cycling on/off

I sure hope so. Whats the point of an acid pump if it skips doses?

This new cell has revived hope for the IPH after all. I ordered the new style pump head and will be curious to see if it does any better than the Shurflo garbage did.

Man, I can't wait to get the new cell, fingers crossed for you guys to continue having success. For now, I have to go through the builder for warranty issues, but will escalate to Pentair if I don't get the IC switched out soon. I assume simple to swap the cells? I've never switched cells before.

Ok fellas,

Got my old IC40 changed out to a rev 3110 cell and so far no random restarts, but it's only been a couple of hours. I'm hopeful that this will be the solution we'be been looking for. xyz, thank you so much for starting this thread and finding the answer. Love this forum!

I also wish we could reset the history on the IpH.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Very impressed with this thread. But was also discouraged to hear that there is a new revision of the IC cell since I just had an IC40 cell installed over the weekend and, of course, it's the previous revision.

As far as I can tell everything is working (all green). So would you guys recommend I hassle Pentair for the new revision?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, since some of you have been deep into the power supplies during the discussions on this thread, would anyone be so kind as to chime in on my newly posted question?

Help Needed, Bought Used SWG (IC40))

If I use a relay tied to a pump to only turn it on when the pump is running, could I use the power supply mentioned earlier in the thread to fire up the IC40, or does it need to be hooked into a power supply with a 'brain' to tell it all is well over the RS485 connection?

Has anyone tried running theirs with only the red/black hooked into the aux power supply?

Thanks, sorry for bumping an old thread, but this is definitely the best info I've found about the guts of these power supplies!

I know this is an old thread, but it was very helpful to me recently and I want to thank XYZ for his solution. I too was investigating my IC40 reseting, and determined it was the voltage to the cell was dipping. After pricing a new power center at >$300, I looked for just the rectifier card, that was not the solution for me either since the dumb thing probably cost $10 to make, and at >$200, it was time to find a better solution. That is when I came across your fix. Here is a pic of my new power center that cost me ~$70. $34 for the power supply on Amazon, and $35 for a box at Home Depot.
New_IC40_PS.jpg :lol:

Old_IC40_PS.jpg Here is the old Power Center I took the board from.

I removed the diodes on the left of the rectifier board and re-used the posts for the xfrmr output and hacked the board a little bit to rewire it for DC from the new PS. No more resetting!

Another reason I wanted to re-use the board is the convenient connection and termination resistors for the serial port connections. I have a home made controller (engineer) that I have been using for a few years. It has pH monitor/controller with acid pump, ORP monitoring, air/water temps, etc. I recently added the IC40 interface to control the chlorine generation with better than 20% resolution that the buttons give you, as well as monitoring the salinity. This was pretty simple with a few serial port commands, but the resetting was giving me headaches! Now solved I could move onto other things :D

I made an Android app a little while ago to plot some of the web server outputs from the board, it was ambitious, but pretty happy with it.
Screenshot.jpg

Any way, just want to say Thanks!
Keith

Keith, awesome job and customization!

XYZ and the others, I'm so glad you all participated and helped not only figure out the problem but source a solution as well! Cheers to you guys! And as you can see, it still is helping others!

Great job!

To those of you who are having similar problems with continuous swg restarts, before doing anything drastic, get a can of electrical contact cleaner, no residue, sold at home depot.
Step One....remove power from EasyTouch panel
Step two ...disconnect swg cable from EasyTouch panel connector.
Step three....spray swg cable plug and also EasyTouch panel connector with contact cleaner
Step four....leave for an hour
Step five...reconnect swg to panel connector
Step six... restore power to panel. All done.
I had the exact same problem as original poster after four years of using swg. After reading thru this thread, I decided to try the easy stuff first, thinking it might be a oxidation problem inside connection. After performing the above steps a week ago, the swg has been working flawlessly.
An old timer once taught me, if something electrical doesnt work, first check to see if its plugged in.

To those of you who are having similar problems with continuous swg restarts, before doing anything drastic, get a can of electrical contact cleaner, no residue, sold at home depot.
Step One....remove power from EasyTouch panel
Step two ...disconnect swg cable from EasyTouch panel connector.
Step three....spray swg cable plug and also EasyTouch panel connector with contact cleaner
Step four....leave for an hour
Step five...reconnect swg to panel connector
Step six... restore power to panel. All done.
I had the exact same problem as original poster after four years of using swg. After reading thru this thread, I decided to try the easy stuff first, thinking it might be a oxidation problem inside connection. After performing the above steps a week ago, the swg has been working flawlessly.
An old timer once taught me, if something electrical doesnt work, first check to see if its plugged in.
Failed after a week. Might try splicing swg cable directly to cable going to pcboard, bypassing plug connector.
Swg is out of warranty, but will still call Pentair.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.