Pentair ic40 Inspect Cell

Aug 28, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
I need some help with my Pentair Salt Cell.

The Salt Cell Inspect Cell green light is flashing. Last summer the flow light was a solid red. What looked like a char’d wire (connection are circuit board) was replaced on the EZ Touch. The end of the season came I just left the cell unplugged when the pool wasn’t in use. I tried again at the start of the season and same thing. Red light. Well, it came time to clean the filter and ended up doing a partial drain. I plugged The SWG back in and it miraculously started getting green lights. I slowly added salt and once salt level was green again, the Inspect Cell light started blinking.

I’ve checked the blades. Clean and smooth. Did a light cleaning anyway. Pool chemistry is near perfect (I’ve been manually adding liquid chlorine and monitoring PH of course).
Checked cell life, consistently gives me 40%.

Does anyone have any ideas? Flow light is green, but could it have “anything” to do with the flow switch since that’s about all I can replace myself?

Any help is deeply appreciated.

When you had your issue in 2018, did you replace the cell or did something else fix it?

So the cell has been working the last two years?
Only light not normal is the Cell light, right?

So the cell has been working the last two years?
Only light not normal is the Cell light, right?
Since I replaced that wire and didn’t have it working, I left it unplugged. So no. It’s been unplugged and I was adding chlorine manually.

When I plugged it in a few days ago, and saw that it was reading salt levels correctly I added salt (after partial drain) hoping that if I brought salt levels back up it might work.

Once we see 5 years, and especially with a cell light that is flashing, it nearly always means the cell has failed.

Let's ask @JamesW if he has any other troubleshooting items to cover.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.