Pentair IC40 Chlorine generator lights always show 60% regardless of Intellitouch setting

Jkhook70

Jul 27, 2015
Kelseyville, CA
I have a 6 year old 22,000 gallon in-ground salt pool with all Pentair controllers, filters, pool sweeps, etc. Up until this year, everything worked well. This year, when I started it up, no matter where I set the IC40 sanitizer level with the Intellitouch panel controls, the level lights on the IC40 generator show 60%. All other lights are green. The pool water sample I took to have analyzed show proper levels of everything. What does this mean? I don't know if the generator is actually running at 60%, or at the level I have set on the controller. I have tried running at 20%, and then at 80%, and regardless, the lights show it is running at 60%. I would appreciate any help here.

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX

Sounds to me like your IC60 is no longer talking with the IntelliTouch..

If you go outside and push the more or less buttons, does the % change?

Go to Menu, Diagnostics, Chlorinator... what does the screen say?

Jim R.

Jkhook70

Jul 27, 2015
Kelseyville, CA
Thanks, Jim. Actually, I just went out to the controller and realized that although I had the Intellitouch set at 20%, the "Enable" was off. I turned it on and it immediately solved the problem! I think it must be my age!! :oops:
Thanks again,
Jerry H.