Pentair IC40 Cell light flashing green (Inspect Cell)

Sep 18, 2015
Roanoke, TX
ET8 reports something along the same lines. Noticed some algae in the last 24 hours so I took a look inside the salt cell. Some scale/calcium on blades that an acid wash removed after about 15-20 minutes. No real visible 'wear' on the unit, though it is a shade over 5 years old. Fired the system back up and everything checks out fine for about 5 minutes and then the 'inspect cell' light flashes again. No flow issues, cannister filtered just cleaned today etc.. Any ideas? Just a case where the cell may have reached it's end of life?

d,

When the cell light flashes and the cell does not need to be cleaned, it is a pretty good indication that the cell is a goner.. :(

I had two of them die recently.. one was over 7 years old, and the other about 9 years old.. They both had the same identical symptoms that you are experiencing.

I did notice that PolyTec seems to have cells back in stock.. They might not be the only ones..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.