Pentair IC 60

Philo

Oct 8, 2015
San Diego, Ca.
I have a Pentair IC 60 that just started flashing a green light in the check salt area. The Taylor K-1766 shows 3600ppm

It has a between 1,000 and 2,000 hours of use. It was just cleaned and I replaced the flow switch.

The flashing continued. What do you think?

Thanks

Phil,

The green flashing light means the cell "thinks" the salt level is above 4500 ppm.. The cell should still be working if the cell light is on...

Since your Taylor kit says the actual salt level is 3600, that can only mean one of two things.. Either the thermister inside the flow switch is bad, or the cell itself is bad.

Just to confirm.. We are not talking about the red/green lights that flash at start up, but just a flashing green salt light.

Did you have this exact problem and replace the flow switch and it did not solve the issue, or did the problem start after the flow switch was replaced?

If the cell is less than two years old it should be under warranty..

When you replaced the flow switch, did you strip the wires? (Trick question...)

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim

The red/green start up lights change to a slow blinking green.

That's when I cleaned it and changed the flow switch. The slow flashing green light reappeared. (I'm pretty confident in the wire connections. I hope you are supposed to strip them before you use the enclosed connector....).

The Status light is solid green so it's probably making chlorine.

Can the cell itself think the salt is too high even if the flow switch is sending the correct data?

Phil,

Inside the flow switch is just a thermister that changes resistance with the water temperature.. There is no magic there, all the circuity is inside the cell itself.

If it is new, I'd want it replaced or fixed.. If out of warranty, I would run it until it died a natural death, as it is still making chlorine.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.