j1997sd

Feb 13, 2022
San Diego, Ca
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
We are in final stages of our pool design and are considering installing a Pentair Hybrid Heat Pump for our spa and pool.
Pool & Spa combo will be approx 15K gallons. All equipment is TBD.

We live in San Diego County, Ca. I'm curious to learn from local SD pool owners who have either a Pentair Heat Pump or Pentair Hybrid Heat Pump, and have had success in repairing their pumps with local maintenance companies?

I've read that it can be difficult to get a repair tech to complete repairs of the HP system once its installed. I called Pentair to ask about local service companies, and they only had one company "Active" on their referral list, all others on the list were "Inactive". I called the one "Active" company, and they didn't call back.

Has anyone had luck in getting technicians in the San Diego area to make repairs as they're need on a Pentair HP or Hybrid HP? We obviously wouldn't want to install a system that is difficult to get serviced!

Our HVAC company we use would not want to go near it, since it's pool equipment....

Our reason for installing the Hybrid HP is we can't implement solar due to sure conditions, and we're concerned about increasing our use of natural gas. We have a significantly over producing solar system for the house so increasing our electricity demand is not an issue. Thank you.

Last edited:
Heat pumps are a commodity. They are all basically the same.

Find who services HPs around you and what brands and models they service.

Heat pumps are a commodity. They are all basically the same.

Find who services HPs around you and what brands and models they service.
Hi ajw22,

Thank you for your response. But your suggestion is what I'm attempting to do. I called the one local "Active" service company that Pentair has on their go-to warranty service list, but they are not responsive. I'm hoping with this post, I may get feedback from other local San Diego owners of pool heat pumps or hybrid heat pumps that have not had issues with handling maintenance requests.

I'm hoping with this post, I may get feedback from other local San Diego owners of pool heat pumps or hybrid heat pumps that have not had issues with handling maintenance requests.

That is now a broader request then your original one.

I suggest you edit the subject line to "Heat Pump Service in San Diego Area??"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.