Pentair heater remote control

Jimoncapecod

Jun 25, 2021
cape cod MA
I have a SR400NA MAX-E-THERM POOL AND SPA HEATER from Pentair. The heater is currently connected via 2-Wire Control (i.e. the Fireman’s Switch) to an IntelliTouch control system. This provides only limited on/off control and requires manual spa/pool and temperature control.

I believe I can configure this system for remote control and monitoring by connecting the heater’s RS-485 COM port to the IntelliCenter Control System COM port. Has anyone succeeded in doing this?

J,

I am not sure what you mean "limited" control??? You can schedule the heater on and the temp you want it to be.. I can't think of anything you can do via the RS-485 that you can't do with the Fireman's switch.

I can't directly answer your question, but if your heater has an RS-485 port, it would only make sense that it should work with Pentair automation systems.. The problem is how old is your IntelliTouch??? What does the heater's manual say??

What can't your heater system do now that you want it to do??

Do you have ScreenLogic??

Thanks,

Jim R.

I have a SR400NA MAX-E-THERM POOL AND SPA HEATER from Pentair. The heater is currently connected via 2-Wire Control (i.e. the Fireman’s Switch) to an IntelliTouch control system. This provides only limited on/off control and requires manual spa/pool and temperature control.

I believe I can configure this system for remote control and monitoring by connecting the heater’s RS-485 COM port to the IntelliCenter Control System COM port. Has anyone succeeded in doing this?
You cannot have both an Intellitouch and Intellicenter. If you currently have an Intellitouch (i5, i7, i9) then your heater temperature control is done by the Intellitouch turning the heater on/off as required to meet a temperature setpoint, and monitored by a thermistor temperature input to the Intellitouch. When configured this way, the heater spa/pool temperature settings are supposed to be set a maximum.

If you have an IntelliCenter Control panel, or if you are upgrading to one, then yes indeed you can hook up your heater using a RS-485 cable.

So, which panel do you currently have, and are you planning to upgrade to a different one?

Jim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.