Seminole Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
Cant believe Im posting about another problem with the heat pump on a new pool build. Here we go again for the second time my Ultra-temp 120 is creating quite the racket. It cooled down quite a bit this week so we decided to kick on the heater and low and behold the buzzing coming from the electrical box inside the unit was so just too loud to keep on. It was working, I tested the temp coming from returns and it was heated, also the cold air exiting the fan was ice cold. Just that noise would have surely caused an issue with the neighbors. Its still under warranty but I would like to know if anyone has an idea what could be happening. Its a SW pool and I see some corrosion on the contacts but this just shouldnt happen each year.

Loose electrical connections can cause the buzzing. Clean the corrosion you see and tighten the screws holding the electrical wires. Make sure you remove the disconnect before touching the wiring.

Post pics of where you see the corrosion.

There is a required electrical disconnect box within reach of all AC units and HPs. It usually has a plug in it that disconnects the power when the plug is removed.

Well it doesnt look like I have that but I do have a separate breaker that I shut down. Full restart and same issue. I put in a warranty claim and have a company coming out next week. Pentair Heat Pumps are apparently really bad. I was warned by a friend who works for a pool service company I should have taken their advice. So far each winter Ive had to call out service. Brand new unit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.