Pentair equipment backorder since June?

Katy Tx Mom

Silver Supporter
Oct 7, 2021
Katy, Texas
We are in Katy Texas. We have been really patient with our new pool build. But our builder is saying he ordered the equipment in June and his Pentair rep said there is no Pentair equipment to buy anywhere. Plus there will be a price increase of 10-18% next month. And they will not honor the pricing from the June order so he's going to pass the cost to us. But that's not in the contract.

He is also saying there is no end in sight. If he can't get the equipment he can't plaster or finish, and the shortage will go into next year.

There have been a lot of red flags in the process. Like the gunite having to jackhammered out because the plumbing was wrong. And they are having to add to the walls because they built them too short. And the owner never being here so the contractors don't know what to do. I don't mean to be skeptical, but we have paid about 80% of the total bill and now it just feels like we are being put off.

So my question is, is anyone else still waiting with no end in sight? And Pentair won't warranty equipment purchased online?

Attachments

• katy pool.jpg
    katy pool.jpg
    748.6 KB · Views: 31
And Pentair won't warranty equipment purchased online?

Pentair warranty depends on the specific product, the way you bought it, and who installed it. It can range from 60 days to 3 years.

See…

You can buy Pentair equipment from Polytec Pools over the phone and it is not considered an Internet order…

FWIW, there have been a lot of discussions about Pentair being on backorder so he's probably being truthful about that. My PB told me they had an order in for like 80 Intellicenters and they have no idea when they are getting them (I think it was the Intellicenter he said, something Pentair whatever it was). My PB said they were also passing on price increases to customers...I think it's B/S but I wasn't hit with any increase so I figured it wasn't my battle. And 100% no end in sight! I am on week 31 of an 11 week build. I am still waiting for bowls that I paid for in FULL in January. I didn't get a heat pump originally (which I now regret) but now the Pentair one is on backorder until May. :(

I live in Las Vegas (so take this will a grain of salt), we signed our contract 6/30, and we have all Pentair equipment. 2 Intelliflo VSF pumps, 520 filter, and a 400k BTU heater. I know when we started the process they mentioned it might be difficult to get products, but we have everything installed on the pad and haven’t had any delays. They were proactive and as soon as we signed the contract they started buying equipment for our project.

I live in Katy as well. I was in Pinch a Penny pool store couple of weeks ago to purchase liquid chlorine. They had 4 new Pentair VSF pumps on the floor and there was a man picking up a new Pentair filter. I am not sure how long the guy had to wait for the filter but there were pumps sitting there for sale. Obviously, it may not be the equipment your PB spec'd out but it is something to use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.