Pentair EasyTouch Scheduling Gone Rogue

gscottmalibu

Sep 22, 2020
Malibu, California
So for some reason my Pentair EasyTouch system creates its own pool schedule from 8-2pm. I don't know why it does this but I keep deleting it and it keeps recreating it. I have talked to my poolman and he says he is not doing it.

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
G,

What specific EasyTouch system do you have?

If you have ScreenLogic, show us the schedule and all your egg-timers and run-once programs.. Like this...

Is this a new system, or was it working fine and just now went bad? If an old system, what did you do just before it went bad?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
G,

If you have an indoor remote and an outside unit, I believe that one just copies the other. So deleting the schedule on the remote does not delete it from the main unit..

That said, I am not up on how the remotes work, so let's ask Tom and see what he says about it... Calling @ogdento

Thanks,

Jim R.

ogdento

Bronze Supporter
Mar 30, 2015
Chico, CA
Hey guys,
Modifying the schedule using the handheld will change it directly on the outdoor unit. Any scheduling changes are saved to the outdoor unit regardless of whether it's done on an indoor or wireless remote... a remote can't even see schedule information unless it's connected to the outdoor unit.

Clearing the eeprom on a remote only clears the programming (settings/schedule/etc) on the remote - it doesn't affect the outdoor unit. If you want to clear the outdoor eeprom you have to do it at the outdoor unit. At power-up, a cleared or 'blank' controller - indoor or outdoor - will 'sync' and grab programming from another connected controller.

Thanks,
Tom