Pentair EasyTouch Says "Clean Salt Cell"

SchweddyBalz

May 15, 2022
Tampa
My Pentair EasyTouch 8 system had an alert to "Clean Salt Cell". I removed the Intellechlor salt cell and cleaned it with acid (as I have done dozens of times with my old pool, this was the first time on my new pool with the new system). After about ten minutes, there was no more bubbling so I reconnected the cell. The system still has the clean salt cell alert. From reading the manual, it seems that this message comes from the cell and there is not a way to reset the system when you clean the cell. The cell does not produce when this alert is on. I tried to clean the cell again, but it is clean, it didn't bubble at all the second cleaning. Am I missing something to get the cell to start producing again and get the system to dismiss the alert? Thanks!

Balz,

The basic rule is that when the cell light flashes, it means the cell is dirty. If the cell is clean, and the cell light continues to flash, the cell is used up.

You may have a different problem, but everyone I've seen that had a flashing cell light with a clean cell, has been dead, including three of my own cells.

If the cell is new, you should file a warranty claim.

How old is the current cell?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Balz,

The basic rule is that when the cell light flashes, it means the cell is dirty. If the cell is clean, and the cell light continues to flash, the cell is used up.

You may have a different problem, but everyone I've seen that had a flashing cell light with a clean cell, has been dead, including three of my own cells.

If the cell is new, you should file a warranty claim.

How old is the current cell?

Thanks,

Jim R.
That's what I was afraid of. It is just over a year old.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.