Pentair EasyTouch Remote

Jarker

Nov 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Hello,

My EasyTouch remote stopped communicating with my pool equipment. I found some old threads on here and followed the instructions to resend the wireless address. That did not work.

I looked at the the transceiver card, The power LED is solid red, but the 485 and RF LEDS are blinking 5 times, pause, the 485 blinks a couple times, another pause, then the pattern repeats after a few seconds. From these old threads I'm thinking the card is broken. Anything else I should try?

Thank you for the help.

Last edited:

ogdento

Bronze Supporter
Mar 30, 2015
Chico, CA
Hey Jarker,
I'm assuming you've got a card with a "Laird" chipset on it? (fcc:id on the back of your remote is P4HEASYTOUCH2A?)... let me know if that's not right.

This is interesting (to me anyway)... normally I see dead cards doing a 6-blink pattern - just like you described but with 6 blinks instead of 5. Or maybe I counted wrong? The 2 leds for 485 and Link should never be on at the same time, but if yours is really doing a 5-blink pattern and mine are 6-blinks, then maybe yours isn't quite dead - or at least has a different problem (I've got 7 or so dead ones now that do the 6-blink pattern).

Have you seen the reset instructions from @Pool Clown?

Give his steps a try and let me know if you still see the same 5-blink pattern... might be interesting to see what the difference between your "dead" card and mine is.
Tom

Jarker

Nov 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Thank you Ogdento.

Yes, it is the Laird chip. It is blinking 5 times, but the 485 light blinks again after the pattern.

I did try the wireless address reset. I also saw a thread that said to cut the power to the box and try again. this did not work

Also, forgot to mention that I had put fresh batteries in the remote. Not a huge piece of evidence, but we can rule that out. The problem occurred before I changed them.

Last edited:

ogdento

Bronze Supporter
Mar 30, 2015
Chico, CA
Shoot, okay... well it's likely that the card is dead then. I just double checked mine and they definitely do the 6-flash thing... 485 and link flash together 6 times, pause for 8 or so seconds (485 may flash once or twice during the pause) and repeat. If I power them up separately from the easytouch they flash 6 times, pause for 30 seconds and repeat.

If you get a new card I'd be interested in taking a look at the old one... another member sent me her 6-flash dead one, and I wonder what the difference is between the 5 and the 6. It's got to be something with the radio chipset.