Pentair EasyTouch Fixes..

itsails

Oct 3, 2020
Amelia Island, FL
Moved from this old thread... Pentair EasyTouch Relays Low Voltage Circuit Breaker

Thanks a lot, Jim.

I finally had time to get back to my unit this evening and tried as you suggested and the CB still popped with all relays unplugged.

Looks like I'm in the market for a new PCB.

I really appreciate the direction as I've tried to call the folks who installed the controller and they're slammed just now. At least I know direction to go with the repair.

Chuck
I experienced the same problem after electrical storm also, but there is two more thing to do prior to the motherboard purchase.

First replace the bridge rectifier chip (BR1) that feeds the the transistor arrays (2-chips) that actually drives the off-board relays (must be prone to failure - socketed, not soldered-in).
1604248065356.png
Second, replace the two transistor arrays chips. (Read this in this forum but forget the author - Jimrahbe(?) - I just did one because, with magnification, I could see a hole in the chip where the smoke came out.)1604248217285.pngTransistor arrays: (ULN2803A, DIGI-KEY: 479-2356-5-NO, $1.09/ea.)
Bridge rectifier (BR1): DIGI-KEY (PN: DF 1502SDICT-NO, Mfg. DF 1502S-T)
1604249064901.png
1604249166043.png
$3.00 in "easter-egging" would have saved me $600.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rphpool
Aye Aye Cap'n! :laughblue: I'm assuming with that screenname there is a boat involved ;)

Looks a bit too technical for moi, but I can imagine this being quite helpful to someone down the road looking for the fix. Thanks for sharing it.

Welcome to Trouble Free Pools.

Maddie :flower:

Moved from this old thread... Pentair EasyTouch Relays Low Voltage Circuit Breaker

I experienced the same problem after electrical storm also, but there is two more thing to do prior to the motherboard purchase.

First replace the bridge rectifier chip (BR1) that feeds the the transistor arrays (2-chips) that actually drives the off-board relays (must be prone to failure - socketed, not soldered-in).
View attachment 167547
Second, replace the two transistor arrays chips. (Read this in this forum but forget the author - Jimrahbe(?) - I just did one because, with magnification, I could see a hole in the chip where the smoke came out.)View attachment 167552Transistor arrays: (ULN2803A, DIGI-KEY: 479-2356-5-NO, $1.09/ea.)
Bridge rectifier (BR1): DIGI-KEY (PN: DF 1502SDICT-NO, Mfg. DF 1502S-T)
View attachment 167553
View attachment 167554
$3.00 in "easter-egging" would have saved me $600.

FYI for anyone who reads this in the future. I attempted to remove the Bridge Rectifier and it was soldered in, not socketed. Changing out the transistor array was easy and seemed to allow the relays to work again but the Comm's are still not working with the PCB.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.