Pentair Easy Touch time out mode Question

Pogueld

Apr 3, 2015
Quinlan, tx
In regards to the time out and service modes on the easy touch, how does that work? If I put the easy touch in service or time out mode and turn the filter on, nothing happens. Is there a time delay? Is there a setting? I seem to remember using these modes before. Our 3 year warranty will be up soon so I'm just wondering if we should have the builder come out and look at it. Thanks for any advice and/or input.:scratch:

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
If you have an IntelliFlo, when the EasyTouch is in either service or timeout mode the pump can be controlled directly from the controls mounted on the pump. The controls on the EasyTouch will not turn on the pump in either of those modes.

Pogueld

Apr 3, 2015
Quinlan, tx
If you have an IntelliFlo, when the EasyTouch is in either service or timeout mode the pump can be controlled directly from the controls mounted on the pump. The controls on the EasyTouch will not turn on the pump in either of those modes.
hmmm, I see, so basic question coming, but where might the controls on the pump be? I don't recall ever seeing any controls. Our box says:

Service: Service buttons on the panel operate system. Other remote devices disabled.
Time Out: Service buttons on the panel operate equipment for three hours, then settings return to auto mode.

so from these directions, it sounds like the panel should control the pump, right?

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
The behavior of the Filter Pump button in service/timeout mode is different for single/dual speed pumps vs variable speed pumps. The instructions you quoted are correct for single/dual speed pumps. But with a variable speed pump service/timeout mode logically disconnects the EasyTouch from the pump, allowing the controls directly on the pump to function, while the controls on the EasyTouch stop affecting the pump for as long as you remain in service/timeout mode.

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
An IntelliFlo has a box mounted on top of the motor with a small display and a couple of buttons. The box has a hinged lid, which should flip open easily.

Pogueld

Apr 3, 2015
Quinlan, tx
An IntelliFlo has a box mounted on top of the motor with a small display and a couple of buttons. The box has a hinged lid, which should flip open easily.
I found that box! Thank you! I'm learning so much about my pool, which is currently flooding BTW [emoji15]. Now to
Figure out how to use that panel [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pooldv

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 10, 2012
FL panhandle
Yes, BIG rains moving through today and tonight. All of Pentair's owner/install manuals are available online in PDFs if you don't have it.

4knights

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 19, 2012
NE Kansas
I found that box! Thank you! I'm learning so much about my pool, which is currently flooding BTW [emoji15]. Now to
Figure out how to use that panel [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are some very informative videos on YouTube for learning your easy touch panel

imrodee

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 23, 2012
When you find the control box flip it open. If you are wanting to run your pump at low speed for example.. do this:
Press SPEED 1, the LED button should come on
Bottom row, 3rd button press START/STOP
If you want to increase the speed, press the UP ARROW.
When you are finished, bottom row 3rd button press START/STOP

A short cut for cleaning, adding chemicals etc, you'll want to run the high speed:
Bottom row, 1st button is QUICK CLEAN
Press 3rd button over START/STOP
When you are done press START/STOP

Hope that helps!

Good luck - the storms messed my pool up too!

Other Threads of Interest