Pentair Easy Touch remote won't control the heater temperature

socalsab

May 24, 2020
Murrieta, CA
Hi!
We have an inground pool and spa. We have a Pentair Easy Touch system with the Easy Touch 8 circuit remote control. Here's my problem: The remote and the system won't control the Pentair heater's temperature. For example, if we set the spa temperature to 100F on our remote and turn the heater on, the heater will turn on but it won't heat to the temperature we have set on the remote unless we physically go to the heater and adjust the temperature manually on the heater display itself. Same for adjusting the heat temperature when heating the pool. Essentially the heater doesn't take "temperature commands" from the remote.
Seems like some kind of miscommunication.
Anyone know what to do?
Thanks so much!!

Attachments

• B787C9D7-0E49-4BFE-8007-C7E203AD1CDA.jpeg
    B787C9D7-0E49-4BFE-8007-C7E203AD1CDA.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 8E8DE6D8-83B7-4093-B906-00A524CD263E.jpeg
    8E8DE6D8-83B7-4093-B906-00A524CD263E.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 742ECC74-99A2-497E-B261-6BA86048275E.jpeg
    742ECC74-99A2-497E-B261-6BA86048275E.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 1504FA7F-61EA-49FA-9E5C-6514A7A23E64.jpeg
    1504FA7F-61EA-49FA-9E5C-6514A7A23E64.jpeg
    73.8 KB · Views: 10
S,

Is this an old pool that used to work, or is this a new pool?

Do you know if the heater is connected to the EasyTouch by a two wire system controlling the heater fireman's switch, or if the heater is being controlled by an RS-485 cable??

The basic way the EasyTouch controls a heater, is for the heater to be set to full hot, and then the heater is just turned on or off by the EasyTouch, buy opening and closing the fireman's switch.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for replying Jim. The pool was built in 2004. We have had this issue for quite some time. Then our heater completely broke (after various repairs over the years). We just got a new heater installed on Friday but we still can't get the heater to understand the temperature we want by controlling it from the system. Only manually. I don't know if it's a two wire system. How can I research/look for that?

S,

There should be a small cable going from your heater to your EasyTouch.. You need to follow that cable and see where it connects into the ET.. It will either go to the com port or to a heater connection the main board.. Here is a pic of my main card.. Show me a pic of the same card...

Please tell us the specific model of heater you have..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Do you have a pool only or pool & spa?

Please create your signature with details of your pool and equipment. Otherwise we end up asking you a string of questions about what you have.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
S,

Is this an old pool that used to work, or is this a new pool?

Do you know if the heater is connected to the EasyTouch by a two wire system controlling the heater fireman's switch, or if the heater is being controlled by an RS-485 cable??

The basic way the EasyTouch controls a heater, is for the heater to be set to full hot, and then the heater is just turned on or off by the EasyTouch, buy opening and closing the fireman's switch.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thank you Jim R. A big help and a quick fix!! I forgot I turned the heater down on the unit during start up this year.
Jim W.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.