Pentair Easy Touch Remote display going bad

georgygirl

Bronze Supporter
May 16, 2011
93594C82-8227-43F0-8894-216EDA7DFF5D.jpg. I’ve had my easy touch remote for about 6 years. Today there was a burned looking spot at the bottom of the display screen. It still works, but wonder what is happening and would like to stop it before it gets worse. Going to change batteries as a starter. Any thoughts are welcome!

Might be just end of life. Unfortunately, those are crazy expensive to replace. That screen is not user replaceable, and the part would be tough to come by even if you have the skills to solder a new one in. Sorry, not much help.

There's a possibility that the defect has occurred from the physical force applied to the buttons. The only thing I can think to suggest is to try to press more gently. That won't reverse the damage, but might slow it from progressing...

We do have Pentair repairs guys here at TFP, maybe one will spot this thread and have a better idea.

:bump:

Unfortunately that lcd is on the way out and there's not much you can do :(

These Easytouch remotes are glued together and can't be disassembled. Otherwise replacing the lcd would be a simple and inexpensive task - with the right tools of course. I've cut a few open with a dremel but I've never epoxied one back together. I'd just keep using the unit until it dies and get a replacement on eBay.

What is the FCC ID on the back of yours? It'll be either P4HEASYTOUCH or P4HEASYTOUCH2A... if you don't get one with the same FCC ID you'll have to change the transceiver (aka antenna) as well.

screenlogic is definitely a good option... but the remotes are much cheaper on the auction sites. There's one on eBay now that's at 41+shipping with a day left, the 4 button ones usually don't go for much over 75

**I do sell stuff on eBay but am not in any way affiliated with the listing i just mentioned**

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.