Pentair Easy Touch 4- Extra Relay?

bratliff1

Jul 19, 2019
Texas
Howdy folks, have had our pool for about a month now and learning the ins and outs of the Easy Touch 4 system. I have our VS pump, pool cleaner on Aux 1, Spa Lights/Deck Lights on Aux 2, and Pool Lights on Aux 3. That's all my circuits. However, upon reading the manual, it makes note that if you do not have a solar heating system, that you can use the Solar circuit as an Extra Aux relay. Does anyone know if this is the case and how to do this? I want to take my deck lights off of the Aux 2 circuit and hook them up to this extra relay so that I have true independent control over all of my three lighting circuits. Thanks!

I do have screen logic, and I believe I can figure out how to add the deck lights as a feature once I get it on the extra relay. What I am really looking for is, how do I actually wire it to the relay? I haven't opened up the easy touch box yet, but am pretty handy, just need a basic run-down of what I am doing.

Brat,

Basically you just plug the coil wire of the new relay into the Solar slot on the main board.

The relay should be identical to the ones you have now..

Just add a jumper wire between the line side of the current relay controlling your Deck Lights, and the line side of your new relay.

Remove the deck light wires from the load side of your current relay, and move them to the load side of your new relay..

The result will be when the new relay is energized, 120 volts will pass through the new relay and turn on your deck lights...

Show us a pic if you run into an problem.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.