hawkinsrt

Aug 10, 2021
New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I just started a SLAM yesterday so I had my pump running 24/7. Today I turned off the pump for 10 minutes to remove the steps from the pool(did nog want the current to carry them off). When I go back to turn the pump on it just hums for 15 seconds and turns off. I checked that the impellor can turn and isn't siezed on anything. The impeller turns fine. The next suspect is the capacitor but I'm not even sure this thing has a capacitor. Another user has the exact same pump here: Pentair dynamo 1.5 hp wiring issue but they didn't mention humming so I don't think its the same issue but they took great pictures. In the first picture he has the end cap open up and there is no capacitor unless its behind another plate I have to remove. I don't want to go digging in there and get shocked or break it more. Any ideas what it could be. The pump is a year old. I don't notice any obvious corrosion.

Attachments

• pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    436.5 KB · Views: 14
Wow TFP never fails me.
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP. We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

It looks like the contacts are overheating for some reason.

Maybe they are arcing too much.

Try electronic contact cleaner or maybe some fine sandpaper if they continue to cause problems.

Maybe get a backup switch in case it needs to be replaced.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.