Pentair Compool LX100 Connections

jharnesjr

Oct 9, 2019
Sarasota, FL
My LX100 dates from 2001 and the manual wasn't supplied when I purchased the house. I've added solar panels for heating and am about ready to add a solar control system and a chlorine generator. Have a variable speed pump which bypasses the LX100 timer as the pump has it's own timer.

Is it feasible to:

- wire the chlorine generator power to the LX100 pump relay and use the LX100 timer to set the power on/off times. The chlorine generator has a flow switch in the cell.

- wire the solar control system to receive power from the LX100. The solar control system "talks" to the pump so I suppose the power needs to be constant. Which LX100 relay, if any, would be good for this?

Thanks for the assist.

Jim Harnes

Jim, welcome to TFP.

My LX100 dates from 2001 and the manual wasn't supplied when I purchased the house. I've added solar panels for heating and am about ready to add a solar control system and a chlorine generator. Have a variable speed pump which bypasses the LX100 timer as the pump has it's own timer.

Is it feasible to:

- wire the chlorine generator power to the LX100 pump relay and use the LX100 timer to set the power on/off times. The chlorine generator has a flow switch in the cell.

As long as the time schedule your LX100 is inside the times the pool pump is on this would work.

The cell flow switch should be a secondary safety device. The primary safety device should be a timer insuring the cell is not powered when the pump is off.

- wire the solar control system to receive power from the LX100. The solar control system "talks" to the pump so I suppose the power needs to be constant. Which LX100 relay, if any, would be good for this?

What pump do you have? What cell do you have? Please create your signature with details of your pool. It helps us give you more specific advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.