Pentair communication issues

Apr 17, 2018
overland park, ks
I am unable to control my Pentair VS pump with my app or intellitouch. My spa side remote is also off. I can control all features with the panel. My intellitouch adapter has a red light and I have reset it and everything else multiple times. I have flipped the fuse switch for the pool to off on our house panel then back on. I am not sure what is going on but any help would be appreciated.

e,

The IntelliTouch has one com bus... If something is bad on the bus, it can lock the whole bus up.. Here is what I would do if this were my system..

With the system in the Auto mode (Not Service mode).. Look at the IntelliFlo pump and see what the Display says... If it says "Display Not Active" then that tells us the combus is working..

If the pump displays anything else, it means the com bus is not working..

If not working the first step is to remove everything from the com bus except the pump.. No SWCG, no remotes, nothing but the IntelliFlo pump.. Check the pump display again... If the display says "Display not active" that tells you that one of the other items that was on the com bus is bad... If the display does not say "Display not active" it most likely means the main board is bad... (On the IntelliTouch, you have two boards, so I am not sure which one has the com chips..) I am sure the Tom knows... @ogdento

Run that test and then report back to us with the results..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: guinness
Hey guys,
All of the comm circuitry is on the mainboard which is the "bottom" board where the micro-controller, leds and buttons reside. The comm jack/plug itself is on the "personality" board which is where you connect the sensors, relays, valves and power... it just routes the signals straight through to the mainboard.

-Tom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.