Pentair Chlorinator Rainbow 300 Install Help

Jun 6, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I recently purchased a Pentair Chlorinator and I am attempting to install it myself. I was hoping to get some advice on where to install the tubes. I think one needs to come before the filter and one after the filter. Based on my image attached do you guys have any advice?

For reference, this is the chlorinator I purchased: https://amzn.to/3iAiPK9

Attachments

• IMG_2763.jpg
    IMG_2763.jpg
    793.7 KB · Views: 17
Well, we don't recommend chlorine pucks for regular use. CYA stabilizer builds up massively over time and requires either massive amounts of chlorine to even start to sanitize your pool or regular drains and refills. Have you considered putting a salt water chlorine generator in?

Well, we don't recommend chlorine pucks for regular use. CYA stabilizer builds up massively over time and requires either massive amounts of chlorine to even start to sanitize your pool or regular drains and refills. Have you considered putting a salt water chlorine generator in?
Especially in CA if it’s year round use pool and the yearly drought conditions CA has. The CYA level will get too high and your be forced to replace the water to get it back down. Liquid chlorine is the best bet if you don’t want to use a salt water chlorinator.

Take a look at some of the articles on this site that explain the CYA issue.

Most people install the inlet tube before the feeder and the outlet tube after the feeder. Pentair installation instructions show the inlet tube connected either after the filter or before the filter (not sure why).

I adhere to the TFP (liquid chlorine) philosophy but have a feeder mostly for when I'm out of town or on vacation.

Most people install the inlet tube before the feeder and the outlet tube after the feeder. Pentair installation instructions show the inlet tube connected either after the filter or before the filter (not sure why).

I adhere to the TFP (liquid chlorine) philosophy but have a feeder mostly for when I'm out of town or on vacation.
If you install it, the chlorinator has to be the last item in line before the water goes back to the pool. You don’t want the acidic stew going through your pump, heater, or other equipment.

Reactions: Artaxias
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.