Pentair CCP520 cartridge?

akhil

Jun 8, 2015
Irving, Texas
I have Pentair CCP520 cartridge (part no 17-8585). There are 4 cartridge which are not that dirty but I there is very less pressure in the gauge (less than 10). Now I am not sure if water is flowing properly or not.

I need to know if I should but new cartridge or the gauge is broken ( I see few cracks on top of cartridge).

Thanks a lot.

How old are the filter cartridges? What is your normal psi? A clogged filter would result in higher than normal pressures.

A,

I have the CCP-520 and at 1200 RPM, my filter pressure is less than 2 lbs. and I have plenty of flow..

When filters are dirty, the pressure will go up. This is because the filter pressure is a measure of how hard it is for the pump to push the water through the filter.

As long as you have good flow out of your pool returns, lower back-pressure is better, not worse.

Cartridges should last 8 to 10 years unless you do something stupid, like use floc or clarifier..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thank you for replies. My cartridges are 3 years old and even if I clean the cartridge my pressure is gauge is still low.

Today I clean the cartridge and running the pool at speek of 3000 rpm but gauge is showing less than 10 (20 gallons per minute). Shall I replace the gauge or valve plus gauge?

A,

Do you have good flow of water back to your pool or not???

Why do you think that you only have 20 GPM???

Besides looking at the gauge, what is your actual problem? What is not working like you think it should..

Thanks,

Jim R.

In this picture, it looks like the pressure side cleaner line is open, which will bleed off flow that does not go through the filter.

Can you show a picture of the whole system?

Is the filter plumbed correctly?

Pool Pump system.JPG

I need to know if I should but new cartridge or the gauge is broken ( I see few cracks on top of cartridge).
Cracking cartridges usually indicate backwards flow.

With backwards flow, the pressure will drop as the cartridges get dirty.

Does the line from the pump go to the filter port marked "Inlet"?

This shows how much pressure the filter creates at different flow rates.

For example, the pressure created by the filter at 90 gpm is only 4 psi.

At 44 gpm, it's only 1 psi for the filter plus whatever the heater and plumbing add to the return head loss.

What is the pump model number?

Is the pump basket clean?

Maybe check the pump impeller if the problem persists after you check everything else.

1630274682494.png

A,

Do you have good flow of water back to your pool or not???

Why do you think that you only have 20 GPM???

Besides looking at the gauge, what is your actual problem? What is not working like you think it should..

Thanks,

Jim R.
I dont see any other issue. Only pressure is less. I cleaned the cartridges and running the pool at speek of 3000 rpm but gauge is showing less than 5

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    263 KB · Views: 3

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This shows water going through the Jandy energy filter which does not go through the main filter.

You should close the line to the right.

What is the pump model number?

Do you have a picture of the whole system?

1630341311496.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.