Pentair cartridge filter comparison

Hi folks!

Does anyone know the difference between the Pentar Clean&Clear Plus filters? I'm getting close to ordering my pump/filter and am still debating a little between sand or cartridge, but leaning toward cartridge. I'm looking at the specs on the two larger size cartridge filters, the CCP420 and the CCP520. I realize the 520 has more surface area, but they both have the same flow rates and specs. Here's a link to Pentairs site info.

http://www.pentairpool.com/products/products3.php?id=27

I'm wondering what is the difference here other than cost and physical size? I'll be pairing whichever filter I use with an Intelliflo pump for a ~33K gallon pool.

Thanks...

Jim

Bigger is always better, as a rule I say more filter than you need is always better. I personally would go Sta-Rite System 3 300 or 450 sq/ft or the Jandy CL series. I don't like the sock deal design on the interior vent tube. The Sta-Rite System 3 is one of the most durable and most user friendly. The only down fall is not being able to use a knock off cartridge when the OEM wears out, not to worry the OEM cartridges last a very long time.

-Ryan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.