Pentair Aqualumin III bulb replacement. Can I look at a T3 LED bulb???

mgarf33

Oct 27, 2013
Less than 5 years, and likely less than 5 hours run time and the bulb is dead. 250W Pentair Aqualumin III.
I believe this model uses a 78mm J-type T3 bulb shape, and I've found T3 LED replacements online. I realize it may not be as bright as the Halogen, but if I could get a 150W or 250W comparison bulb LED I would be willing to leave it on more often.

Has anyone made this conversion? I know 5 years ago LED technology was still being improved upon, and CFL's were in. Now CFL's are going away just like the incandescent, and LED's are much less expensive.

Hello Mgarf33 - We haven't heard of this conversion yet. I don't see why it wouldn't work if the bulb specs are the same. I'm going to reach out to our Pentair rep to see if they have heard of this and if it can successfully be completed. I'll reply back as soon as we get an answer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.