Pentair Amerbrite and intellibrite not synched and Amerbrite isn't changing to the proper colors while intellibrite does!

green8

Jul 13, 2021
dallas tx
I am trying to figure out how to change the colors on my pool & spa light. My pool light is an Amerbrite light. When I flip the switch multiple times to go to a color, the spa light (intellibrite) will go to the designated color but the Amerbrite seems to kind of have a mind of its own. The intellibrite will turn off when i'm flicking the switch and once I stop the intellibrite lights back up(as the manual says it is supposed to. Meanwhile the Amerbrite stays on and power cycles but doesn't stay off and change colors to the right scene or solid color.

I have the lights hooked up to a conventional wall switch (on gfci circuit) as well as a smart relay (in case the relay fails i can still use the switch) I have tried to change the colors both by manually flicking the switch as well as through the relay doing "virtural" power toggles.

1. I have tried turning the lights on and immediately power cycling (flipping the switch) to try and get to x color or scene
  2. I have tried turning on the lights and waiting 3 seconds then power cycling
  3. I have tried waiting 5 and even 10 seconds after initially turning on the lights before power cycling
  4. I've tried Manual switch flips as well as automated flips through the relay. the timing on the relay I have tried from 10ms-1 minute power toggles for each "virtual" flip of the switch.
Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
-Nicholas

Welcome to TFP.

Pentair claims in the Amerbrite manual that the LED lights are compatible with the Intellibrite LED lights and they use the same technology.

Sometimes the Intellibrite lights need to be synched using a mysterious process. But it does not sounds like color synching is your problem.

Have you called Pentair support and discussed it with them? We don't often see that combination of lights.

Welcome to TFP.

Pentair claims in the Amerbrite manual that the LED lights are compatible with the Intellibrite LED lights and they use the same technology.

Sometimes the Intellibrite lights need to be synched using a mysterious process. But it does not sounds like color synching is your problem.

Have you called Pentair support and discussed it with them? We don't often see that combination of lights.
Thanks for your reply, Ill contact them now!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.