Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Hi All,

I would like to get your thoughts on my chem over the last week or two since converting to SWG. I have been reading everything about TFP and think I’m close but wanted a peer review.
------------------------------------------
Test Results 06-16-2020 @ 09:05 AM
Free Chlorine: 11.5
Combined Chlorine: 0.0
pH: 7.7
Total Alkalinity: 90
Calcium Hardness: 250
CYA: 90
Salt: 3500
Temperature: 81°F

Test Results 06-14-2020 @ 11:51 AM
Free Chlorine: 9.5
CYA: 90
Salt: 3300
Temperature: 80°F

Maintenance 06-14-2020 @ 10:15 AM
Brushed

Test Results 06-12-2020 @ 12:30 PM
Free Chlorine: 9.0
Total Alkalinity: 90
Calcium Hardness: 300
CYA: 100
Salt: 3400
Temperature: 85°F

Do remember that your pH tested when FC is at or above 10 ppm is not real accurate.

I assume the early tests with low FC did not bring about any cloudiness or algae in the water.

Looks good. Keep the FC up there with your 90 ppm CYA.

Do remember that your pH tested when FC is at or above 10 ppm is not real accurate.

I assume the early tests with low FC did not bring about any cloudiness or algae in the water.

Looks good. Keep the FC up there with your 90 ppm CYA.
Hi MK, I read that as well and my eyes are not the greatest with colors. So I am a bit worried about my pH.

The first two tests were early on when switching from pucks to the SWG (also prob why my CYA is high). No cloudiness or algae in any test or day.

Should I try and lower the CYA a bit by dilluting?

I think you are fine on the CYA -- just have to be aware. By end of summer it will come down some due to dilution if you have any overflow events (rain) and if your filter type is sand or DE that you back flush. Please add your filter to your signature.

I think you are fine on the CYA -- just have to be aware. By end of summer it will come down some due to dilution if you have any overflow events (rain) and if your filter type is sand or DE that you back flush. Please add your filter to your signature.
Hayward cartridge and I will add it thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.