PebbleTec Crack in Spa

If you can try POOL PATCH and if it does not work then call in the plaster guy, that is what I would do.

Worst case you are out an extra $60; best case you saved $140-$340.

Irish,

1. if pool patch is 50/50 and $60 bucks, it's maybe worth a try to avoid $200-$400, as long as the pool patch does not damage anything further that would cause more work to repair and now $200-$400 is $350-$650.

2. See if you can see some b4's and after's of the pool plaster guy, AND, does he do pebble-tech which is diff than just plaster only. If you see his work and it's really good, I would skip the pool-patch and cut to the chase. However, many folks on her caution otherwise. I would ask the pool plaster repair person how does you situation compare to his prior jobs that either turn out well or not, and how does your compare?

good luck and keep us posted, tstex

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did you fill the spa up with water and see how noticeable the patched area was?

Did you fill the spa up with water and see how noticeable the patched area was?

Of course, there's nothing wrong with it other than being very ugly. Its going to be a while before I get to fixing this...

20181231_125858.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

You can see whoever did this patch did attempt to match the faded plaster color but as I keep saying, ther's no way to know what color to actually mix.

This patch is pretty typical of all the ones I've come in contact with. Matt's patch is VERY good and that outcome should not be expected unless your plaster is <1 year old and have been very well maintained. Anything other than that is a crapshoot

Just plant your fanny over it with a beer in hand when new people come over! They will not even notice If they are dumb enough to say anything just point to the gate and say "there is the way out". LOL

Kim:kim:

Paint a fish or something other on the patch, make it a frame so to speak. [emoji3]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.