Pay Me Now or Pay Me Later

Jul 13, 2007
I've been troubleshooting my AutoPilot and it looks like my Digital 220 control board is shot. I could limp through the season by running the pump 24/7 and adding my own chlorine until next sprint or I could bit the bullet now and get a replacement. I'm just wondering if there were pros/cons either way form those of you in the know. I'm not an electrician but one very reputable supplier of parts says the control unit is a self install. Have any of you had success with this DIY project? Thanks in advance!

Hey Rocky !! The million dollar question is how handy are you ? If you YouTube similar swaps and truely believe it’s something you can do, The process is straightforward and simple. But that all relies on you ability to perform simple trades work.

If it’s something you can handle, take pictures every step of the way disassembling and put the new one back together in reverse order. If you are not completely comfortable with any step along the way then it’s best you hire someone and stick to what you are good at. We all have different specialties. No harm or shame in being better at some and worse at others.

My $.02 either way is that although things may not be the perfect scenario for you to pay for this now instead of later, Now is the only thing that’s guaranteed. Covid is perfect proof of this. As bad as things may appear at the moment, the hopes of it getting better may happen, But finances/supplies could also be worse in the spring. If you see the window to do it now, I would personally do so.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.