Pavers Under Pool Supports Snapped - HELP!?

debstamb

Jun 2, 2020
Westchester, NY
Hi TFP - I just installed a 24x12' Intext XLR pool. Everything went smoothly but i made the mistake of putting 1" thick pavers under the supports. 9 of the 18 supports have snapped as we just finished filling it. Any advice on what to do? the pool still seems stable and the water looks level.

Unfortunately the only option is to drain the pool, replace the supports, then refill the pool. Intex recommends using ground rated pressure treated wood under the legs, which is what I used for my pool, but people have also reported success with 4” thick concrete blocks as well. There have been a number of reports of pools cracking 2” pavers as well, so don’t try that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The pavers broke because the ground under them wasn't perfectly smooth. The advantage of wood is it's elasticity. I would just monitor the level of the pool. Very likely the pool will remain stable. Is the soil underneath packed? The reason for the support under the legs is to spread the weight over a greater area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.