Pavers not sloping to French drains

TexasCanuck

May 10, 2020
Houston, TX
I have 250 sq ft of travertine pavers around a small 12' x 20' pool. There is 4' of pavers and coping between the pool and the house on two sides of the pool, with landscaping on the other two sides of the pool. There are 5 French drains between the house and pool. The 12'x24" pavers were installed to slope away from the house, or they are level. There is nearly no slope on one side (under the windows in the picture) and 1/4" per 3 feet on the other side. The house has gutters so the rain will fall on about 2 feet of the coping and pavers. There isn't much deck exposed to rain, and there will be no dirt from landscaping flowing from the house towards the pool. The installer seems to have ignored the French drains and did not try to create a valley between the house and pool to direct the water to the drains.

Do I need to worry about rain water flowing into the pool? IMG_4631.jpgIMG_4632.jpg

I have no experience with installation of pavers, I can’t add any insight. Do you have a 24” level? Could you use your level and see if the pavers have any slope to the drains?

However, your pool looks gorgeous.

I have no experience with installation of pavers, I can’t add any insight. Do you have a 24” level? Could you use your level and see if the pavers have any slope to the drains?

However, your pool looks gorgeous.
Thank you. Yes, I have a 3' level and it shows a wee slope on one side, away from the wall, and there is no slope under the windows. There is certainly no slope to the drains though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.