Patio Furniture - Where did you pruchase?

Nov 13, 2013
Pearland, TX
Ok so my next purchase after pool is built will be the Patio furniture.

Is there any place where I can get patio funriture (couch, 2 charis w/ottomans, coffee table) that is good quality and not spend an arm and a leg? Budget is @ 1K.

I've checked out Sams, Costco, Ikea, PAtio1, Lowes, Home Depot, Frontgate They seem to be priced to VERY high, low quality or just plain ol cheap looking.

Where did you purchase your patio furniture? Are you Happy with it? Post Pics!

From my experience, it's tough to find quality outdoor furniture cheap or even reasonably priced. For example, I looked everywhere (locally) for the restaurant style cast/brushed aluminum bar stools. The few I did find, I thought were way overpriced. Going to the internet after shipping cost (bulk) saved me only about $50. Not worth the risk of having to return a damaged chair. As JohnT said, it's probably best to catch them on sale locally.

I found similar problems. We're running uber budget minded stuff this year. We will buy nice stuff in a few years when this falls apart. We bought most of ours on Craigslist FWIW.

We got ours at Costco for 1K Looked like and made just as well as the expensive places and made and looked much better than the big box stores.

Attachments

• IMG_1927.JPG
    IMG_1927.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 768
  • IMG_1960.JPG
    IMG_1960.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 774
  • IMG_1958.jpg
    IMG_1958.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 741
I'm interested in this as well. I like TEAK, but not sure about the interaction with salt water. I think the resin will be my best bet.

I heard Costco was good stuff. My neighbor has some chaise lounges from there and no issues since last year.

We are happy with our Home Depot furniture. We keep the furniture covered when not in use and it has lasted over 4 years with no real sign of deterioration (other than an occasional cushion replacement). We also have some teak furniture which we bought at a home show that has held up well around our salt pool.

Teak weathers to a silvery grey color. If you like that color, great! but we like ours to look more like it did when new. That requires an annual cleaning, light sanding and refinishing with teak oil. A bit of a maintenance chore.

Mike

Good luck with your search! Can't get to mine to take photos due to all the ODK supplies/materials in the way. We bought a loveseat and two chairs at Casual Living in Frisco, it wasn't cheap but quality was more important since they will get a lot of wear. I've been looking at loungers and man those can be expensive too. The ones at target and Lowe's seem to be low to the ground which may be a problem since we are all very tall, but they are under $100. Costco had some that seemed to be a bit better quality, heavier and a bit taller and longer, for just a little more money. Still on the hunt for barstools for the outdoor kitchen, have you seen any decent ones while you have been looking for furniture?

I got some really nice cast aluminum that is hand painted to look like bamboo at JCPenny as they were discontinuing it. Super deal. Saw some in the store and ordered the rest to match before they ran out.
I got some Smith & Hawkin at Target as they were discontinuing it. Again, saw some in the store and ordered the rest to match before they ran out.
I have some 20 year old wrought iron that was recently re-powdercoated. Almost bought some more on Craig's list to have coated but got distracted and forgot about it.
Got one wrought iron chaise lounge from Lowes that started to rust within the year. Had it powdercoated, price was a very large fraction of the cost new, so maybe it will be ok now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Rodog - I got two loungers today at Kohls, of all places! They are higher off the ground than the Target and Home Depot ones, plus they also have them in several colors. The ad said they were $119 each but when I got to the store they were $99 and I had a 30% off coupon and some Kohls Cash! Even if they only last a summer - it was a pretty good deal!

I would wait until Fall. A few months ago Sears had La-Z-Boy brand cast aluminum for up to 75% off. We got a dining set and four chairs that was normally $1500 for $400. Really nice stuff. The only problem was it was closeout so we won't be able to add pieces from the same collection in the future.

at Kohls, of all places! ... it was a pretty good deal!

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

We just bought two love seats, an ottoman and an end table from Kohls. Their list price was silly but they were 40% off on sale, after that the wife had a 30% off coupon and on top of that they kicked back another $120 in Kohls cash that the daughter will use happily. Just finished assembly. Seems solid enough and reasonable quality fabric and frame. The slip covers had zippers so the could be washed and the cushion could be replaced easily if needed.

I never would have thought of Kohls but these turned out to be exactly what we needed.

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

We just bought two love seats, an ottoman and an end table from Kohls. Their list price was silly but they were 40% off on sale, after that the wife had a 30% off coupon and on top of that they kicked back another $120 in Kohls cash that the daughter will use happily. Just finished assembly. Seems solid enough and reasonable quality fabric and frame. The slip covers had zippers so the could be washed and the cushion could be replaced easily if needed.

I never would have thought of Kohls but these turned out to be exactly what we needed.

Great deal! I'm loving my Kohl's loungers - sat out there several days in a row - wishing it was warm enough to jump in the pool!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.