PAL Treo Lights - no blue

Turbosl2

Aug 20, 2020
Clifton Park NY
I have 2 RGB 4 wire Pal treo lights with a Pal light controller. Recently one of my lights does not have blue anymore. I am worried it’s not the bulb since the R and G work to make most of the other colors. Has anyone had one of their 4 wire LEDs drop a color? I just hope it’s not the blue wire going from my pool house underground to my light in the pool.
Lights are 7 yrs old and prob only have 200hrs total of use.

cowboycasey

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 3, 2013
Southern OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-40
Welcome to TFP :)

The way most LED's work is there a 12 v 2 wire and a controller wire that changes the led color, I have not seen any that have 1 wire per led but maybe that is the way those lights were done. If 1 LED will not go to blue then that light blue LED has died... LED's lasting 7 years in a pool is a great run, most are not lasting 2 years now... :)

Stick around and check out some others things

Turbosl2

Aug 20, 2020
Clifton Park NY
Thanks for the welcome. That’s what I was hoping for but I believe these have many leds for each color and it seems doubtful they all are bad. I guess I will know soon. Yes these lights are RGB with a wire for each color and a common

cowboycasey

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 3, 2013
Southern OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-40
it may not be the wire, it could be just that led went out and I suspect that is what happened because if it were the wire all of the blues would be out...

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.