Bronze Supporter
Jan 2, 2020
central america
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
We have an unpainted concrete pool deck with a rough surface finish. The coping was hand-built by our contractor here on-site and has a smooth finish, but some of the surface has started to flake off a bit. He used a cement-lime mix over the coping so it would be a lighter color.
I'm not happy with it as the coping is 'blotchy', and the deck cement has some discoloration.
So I want to paint both.
Any recommendations for paints to use, and whether I could apply a skim coat of cement on the parts of coping where the surface has peeled away?
In addition to painting the pool deck, we will extend the painting into the covered, smooth finish patio that adjoins it.

You likely have paints with very different formulations available in Central America then we are familiar with in the USA. Paint formulations have been restricted in the USA with some chemicals banned due to environmental concerns causing outdoor paints to not last long.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.