Padding/Foam Recommendations

emejia317

May 16, 2020
Visalia
Hi everyone-

i need some recommendation on which foam/padding you guys would recommend for my AGP (Costco Bestway 22x12x4).

I will likely be purchasing this at Lowe’s and was wondering what would be the best thickness and brand. Also, which brand tape would you use to tape it.

I am not putting any sand under the pool, so it was just be the padding/foam.

Thank you in advance!

A lot of people have had nice success with the Gorilla brand items (tape, pads, etc). I'm not sure what brand of insulation panels that have at Lowe's but suspect they are the standard 4x8 sheets. Let's keep this thread moving with posts and get more AGP owners to reply as to what worked well for them.

I used the XPS foam boards (4x8). I think I got 1/2" thick, and it has a nice feel when I walk in my pool. I used gorilla tape, and triple taped the seams, so the tape overlaps.

Did you use sand below the foam panels or no? Getting ready to level the ground where our pool is going and would rather NOT have to use sand. Last thing I want to do is drive our dump trailer through the yard around the house if not warranted. I have PLENTY of 2" XPS left over from the barn build to put under the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.