Ozonator question

karendino

Gold Supporter
Mar 11, 2018
Texas City TX
A cousin of mine asked my wife if I could run a set of test on her 8 year old Ozonator pool. I had no idea what a Ozonator was or did. I had to Google it.

My question is: Do suggested ranges apply to Ozonator pool? I did read the Ozonator allows the pool to run lower FC than normal.

She feels her husband has been over doing it with certain chemicals and doesn't look as good as it did, nor as clear as my pool.

Thanks.

Yes you perform the same tests and use the same recommended levels. Ozonator is not a substitute for chlorine, it allegedly allows you to use less by oxidizing some waste, but the sun is just as effective in an outdoor pool. Ozonators are more appropriate for indoor pools that use low CYA and get no natural sun ozone. Find out exactly what chemicals they have been using and run an OCLT if you can. They probably have too much CYA, and too little chlorine. Good luck!

Karen,

Ozone and UV are two items sold to pool owners so that they can "reduce" the amount of chlorine in their pools.. But, they have very little, if any, impact on keeping a pool clean and clear...

In fact, I'd say it would be impossible for you or anyone, to be able to test the pool water and tell if the systems were working or not..

I would run the normal TFP tests and report your findings... As usual, I would suspect you will find the FC very low and the CYA very high...

No matter what other equipment you have, you still have to maintain your FC and CYA per this chart.. [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks guys..great info for me and to pass on. Appreciate it.

Side note. I probably should change my name. Karen is my wife's name and I m Dino. She is never on here..lol. She is swimming to much. Thanks again for the great info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.