Owner Build NW Las Vegas. ... Quartz installed ... Build completed

IntellipH is not terribly difficult to install, depending on your comfort level cutting into the pluming and reworking that. Electrically, the control unit just plugs in to the intellicenter, and the pump plugs into the control unit. So should be no need to get an electrician involved. One thing you might want to verify, I see you have the IC60 cell. I have seen posts recently stating that the IntellipH is not compatible with the IC60 salt cell. I believe that Pentair has stated that it draws too much current for the electronics in the IpH controller.

--Jeff

Reactions: mknauss
The decking sub will remove the forms, as far as I know. At least I hope so. I haven’t selected the decking material, so I haven’t picked the sub.

I have scheduled backfilling the trenches and grading the back and side yard in preparation for proper drainage, decking and landscaping early next week. Also, the auto cover tracks are supposed to be installed, then final measurements taken to order the Cover Pools T4 components.

The pool build is progressing but it is a big task to manage as an owner build.

@Turbo1Ton thank you for the info regarding the IntelliPH. I am going to have to call Pentair support. I would hate to return the iPH to my distributor or if they’d even take it back. I bought the Pentair IntelliCenter i8ps which is bundled with an IC40 and I returned the IC40 for the IC60 and paid the difference.

What a dilemma?

My wife and I like the modern look of cutting 12 x 24" porcelain tile down to 6 x 24" for the water line. .

View attachment 168278

We are wanting to do the exact same for the waterline tile. We found some tile at Porcelain tile at Home Depot that we really like but a few people on here said i would have to double check if it is fine to be submerged and handle the chemicals. I have read that you can use any porcelain or glass tile but yet im told different, so im pretty confused on what i can and cant use. Porcelain "pool" tile is more expensive than just porcelain tile....where did you pick up that tile?

i hope to get to that stage by march at this rate

We are wanting to do the exact same for the waterline tile. We found some tile at Porcelain tile at Home Depot that we really like but a few people on here said i would have to double check if it is fine to be submerged and handle the chemicals. I have read that you can use any porcelain or glass tile but yet im told different, so im pretty confused on what i can and cant use. Porcelain "pool" tile is more expensive than just porcelain tile....where did you pick up that tile?

i hope to get to that stage by march at this rate
I think it’s more that it has to be able to handle the freeze/thaw cycles more than chemicals.

@BUT ITS A DRY HEAT we didn't want the 6"x6" pool tiles. After having that look at our previous home we just want something different. We almost went with a glass tile blend (mix of 2"x2", 1"x2" and 1"x1") but then we saw the upgrade price. When I spoke to the consultant at AquaBella Tile here in Las Vegas, he pointed me in the direction of the 12"x24" porcelain and for whatever reason I just liked it immediately. I took a sample home and my wife liked the look immediately too. Or at least she said she did.

Since this was a pool tile, paver and coping store, the use case for this porcelain tile is for pools. I hope this helps. Oh, and the tile setters who do this all the time didn't say "you can't use this".

Last edited:
After the longest delay, I obtained and had delivered my coping and deck pavers. As an owner/builder, my project management skills failed me. I didn't think of the long game and lay out onto my spreadsheet with when to order next up items. So after tile was installed, with better planning, I should I have transitioned directly into the installation of coping and decking. This oversight totally threw off the timing for this build. Any future O/B can learn from my mistake.

Well, enough with the negative. The positive... coping and decking is installed. I used Artistic Pavers, 16" x 16" for the coping. I obtained various 12" x 12" and the remaining 16" x 16" pavers for the decking. Photos to follow.

Reactions: Nikilyn

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ya, we're waiting for tile to ship and I'm afraid of the delay 😕. If I had picked something from NPT or Noble then we wouldn't need to wait but I wanted a glass tile that I could find cheaper online. The company doing the tile wanted to wait until shotcrete was done to get accurate measurements, which I completely understand since I enlarged the spa at dig. So I ordered everything Monday and am impatiently waiting for the shipping notice. Waiting is so hard 😩!

Looks great.
The Glacier Chiller uses evaporation to cool the water. Will you be using soft water for your make up water?

Reactions: FlowBlu
@mknauss Yes, I had the pool plumbers trench and add pvc for my manual fill line all the way over to my garage, 175'. Then I had another plumber, connect my softwater system through the garage wall and connect it up to the manual fill line.

Reactions: FlowBlu and mknauss
@BUT ITS A DRY HEAT No, I subbed the paver install job out. They cut 6” strips out of a 30’ x 15’ turf. So, theoretically, they could get 60 cut strips 6” x 15’ long.

The paver squares are predominantly 48” x 48”. I/we like the look, too.

@Nikilyn Yes, I/we chose the Shellock Paver, Atlantic series Tan and Dark Sand and the Desert series Cappuccino. We think it turned out beautifully.

Awesome 🌨❄️!! We're getting tons of rain here in Gilbert. I guess North Phoenix got snow too. About time we had a good storm.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.