Owner Build NW Las Vegas. ...Tile...

Turbo1Ton

Gold Supporter
Dec 26, 2019
NE Oklahoma
IntellipH is not terribly difficult to install, depending on your comfort level cutting into the pluming and reworking that. Electrically, the control unit just plugs in to the intellicenter, and the pump plugs into the control unit. So should be no need to get an electrician involved. One thing you might want to verify, I see you have the IC60 cell. I have seen posts recently stating that the IntellipH is not compatible with the IC60 salt cell. I believe that Pentair has stated that it draws too much current for the electronics in the IpH controller.

--Jeff

Reactions: mknauss

an1vrsy

Bronze Supporter
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
The decking sub will remove the forms, as far as I know. At least I hope so. I haven’t selected the decking material, so I haven’t picked the sub.

I have scheduled backfilling the trenches and grading the back and side yard in preparation for proper drainage, decking and landscaping early next week. Also, the auto cover tracks are supposed to be installed, then final measurements taken to order the Cover Pools T4 components.

The pool build is progressing but it is a big task to manage as an owner build.

an1vrsy

Bronze Supporter
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
@Turbo1Ton thank you for the info regarding the IntelliPH. I am going to have to call Pentair support. I would hate to return the iPH to my distributor or if they’d even take it back. I bought the Pentair IntelliCenter i8ps which is bundled with an IC40 and I returned the IC40 for the IC60 and paid the difference.

What a dilemma?

May 28, 2020
Lake Havasu AZ
My wife and I like the modern look of cutting 12 x 24" porcelain tile down to 6 x 24" for the water line. .

View attachment 168278
We are wanting to do the exact same for the waterline tile. We found some tile at Porcelain tile at Home Depot that we really like but a few people on here said i would have to double check if it is fine to be submerged and handle the chemicals. I have read that you can use any porcelain or glass tile but yet im told different, so im pretty confused on what i can and cant use. Porcelain "pool" tile is more expensive than just porcelain tile....where did you pick up that tile?

i hope to get to that stage by march at this rate

Nikilyn

Sep 3, 2018
Gilbert, AZ
We are wanting to do the exact same for the waterline tile. We found some tile at Porcelain tile at Home Depot that we really like but a few people on here said i would have to double check if it is fine to be submerged and handle the chemicals. I have read that you can use any porcelain or glass tile but yet im told different, so im pretty confused on what i can and cant use. Porcelain "pool" tile is more expensive than just porcelain tile....where did you pick up that tile?

i hope to get to that stage by march at this rate
I think it’s more that it has to be able to handle the freeze/thaw cycles more than chemicals.

an1vrsy

Bronze Supporter
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
@BUT ITS A DRY HEAT we didn't want the 6"x6" pool tiles. After having that look at our previous home we just want something different. We almost went with a glass tile blend (mix of 2"x2", 1"x2" and 1"x1") but then we saw the upgrade price. When I spoke to the consultant at AquaBella Tile here in Las Vegas, he pointed me in the direction of the 12"x24" porcelain and for whatever reason I just liked it immediately. I took a sample home and my wife liked the look immediately too. Or at least she said she did.

Since this was a pool tile, paver and coping store, the use case for this porcelain tile is for pools. I hope this helps. Oh, and the tile setters who do this all the time didn't say "you can't use this".

Last edited:
May 28, 2020
Lake Havasu AZ
thanks. yeah i dont want the basic 6x6 bright blue look. we want it to be clean lines and simple, classic with modern flair. we arent at the point of install...let alone dig yet, still waiting on a wall to built but ive been looking at EVERYTHING.

thanks for the info