Owner Build NW Las Vegas. Steel complete...

an1vrsy

Bronze Supporter
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
We are getting an auto cover. The second photo shows the auto cover box all steeled up. The motor side must be 36” inch beyond the side of the pool. It was most Important for us with 2 grandkids younger than 3 years old. Even teaching them to swim the auto cover will give us peace of mind.

Sollace

Gold Supporter
Aug 16, 2020
Byran TX
They put your pool pad in the corner where you'll always see it? Not next to the house?

Somehow I missed this thread of yours. That's great you're seeing progress. Delays seem to be the name of the game this summer. It's frustrating!

an1vrsy

Bronze Supporter
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
During landscaping a block wall will be built to "hide" the pool equipment. We didn't want to hear the Glacier Chiller while it's running or the pumps. Although, supposedly, the chiller is as loud as 2 speed pump, from previous experience at our last house with a pool, we didn't want the pool equipment next to the house.

Nikilyn

Sep 3, 2018
Gilbert, AZ
Agreed about not wanting the equipment by the house, or seating areas. It was with our last pool and it was horrible when we were trying to talk over the sound of the equipment. We didn’t have much choice though. Thankfully the part of the house it was by was the nook so it didn’t make too much of a problem inside. Definitely wouldn’t want it by our bedroom though.

Last edited:

Turbo1Ton

Gold Supporter
Dec 26, 2019
NE Oklahoma
They put your pool pad in the corner where you'll always see it? Not next to the house?
On my list of things to do for the next pool - Put the equipment away from the house. Mine is right up next to the house, beside the AC units. Sure it was cheap running gas/electric, but it is noisy. Would rather have it out away from the pool with a fence around it, or build a shed for it. One of those things that I had no experience with and it never crossed my mind.

I will be building a small fence to hide it, and hopefully reduce the noise, but there is not much able to be done about the noise inside the house. I make sure that my schedules keep the pump running at a low speed when bedtime rolls around.

--Jeff

Sollace

Gold Supporter
Aug 16, 2020
Byran TX
Ours will be next to the A/C, which is next to the garage. None of the bedrooms are on that side so the noise level is acceptable. And that was a huge consideration when we bought this house -- I didn't want the A/C outside the master window. I know how noisy they are!