You know, I was just outside, adding chlorine. (I haven't added salt to get the ic-60 going) While I was outside, I had come to the decision that as the pool builder and something is not working, I should/will call that particular trade to come out and take a look. Of course, the electricians will be busy and say they can't get out for day(s) or week(s) but they've been paid to install it and it doesn't work. So, I am going to hold them to it.
Thank you, @ajw22 for your assistance. I am sure I'll be back asking for help on something else.
Now, I have to put it back the way I found it. Those cat5 cable wires are pretty thin. I don't think I'll be stripping them down to bare wire. I'll just twist the wirenuts back on to the position I found them.
Pentair warranty repair local company came out to look at the issue. What he did:
1) Intellicenter - USB update from 1.040 to 1.047
2) Intellicenter - Confirmed heater was set up correctly [Like I wouldn't have already used advanced settings - heater to select the mastertemp heater.]
3) Intellicenter - Set pool water temp setpoint above current water temp
4) Heater did not fire, turned Pool Heat mode OFF
5) Touched heater control panel pad, nothing
6) Removed side service panel
7) Confirmed power with multimeter
8) Took off heater top cover
Electrical System page 65 of 66
9) Removed RS485 control board
10) Disconnected cable from RS485 board, using his flat tip screwdriver, scraped connector. He said this get sprayed at the factory and the connectors need to be cleaned. Reconnected cable.
11) Intellicenter - Pool heat mode ON... Heater exhaust fan came on, igniter fired.
12) Heater control pad (membrane) did not take inputs, he pressed temperature controls up/down... nothing
13) Replaced heater control pad (membrane). Last one in his van.
14) Heater control pad working, set Spa max to 104 (I'll have to check what he set pool max value to)
15) Intellicenter - Pool and Spa Heat mode OFF, after a short delay heater off
16) Cleaned up his tools and left.
Thank you @ajw22 and @mknauss
Obviously, thank you Pentair warranty. However, the repair guy told me he writes up his warranty repair notes to Pentair that the connector needs to be cleaned up at the factory. It apparently falls on deaf ears. Oh well, maybe someone else can resolve their non-working Mastertemp heater with the above notes.