Overwhelmed newbie just starting out!

My results added above. I've found it a little difficult to get an exact # with this pool testing kit but it's better than nothing! So I guess I need to add more chlorine! I'll be playing with the pool app now but any other advice? Pool is pretty clear and getting ready for end of the school year party today so I don't want to do anything too extreme.

Thanks again this site has been very helpful !
Get some more chlorine in there as well as get your stabilizer up over 30ppm.

I would add some baking soda to raise the TA to about 60-70. The APP (Effects of adding) will help you with that. Today, also add about 10 ppm worth of stabilizer via the soak-soaking method. Let it soak and squeeze it all out after about 30 min. Immediately add some chlorine. Don't be shy, especially with a party coming. You are on the verge (if not already) of an algae bloom. I would increase the FC to "10" today and try to keep it that way until tonight. Tomorrow morning test the FC again but keep it steady at a healthy 5-6 ppm.

After the party, you might increase the FC to 10 again and do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to ensure you don't have algae trying to grow.

Reactions: foxbody
I would add some baking soda to raise the TA to about 60-70. The APP (Effects of adding) will help you with that. Today, also add about 10 ppm worth of stabilizer via the soak-soaking method. Let it soak and squeeze it all out after about 30 min. Immediately add some chlorine. Don't be shy, especially with a party coming. You are on the verge (if not already) of an algae bloom. I would increase the FC to "10" today and try to keep it that way until tonight. Tomorrow morning test the FC again but keep it steady at a healthy 5-6 ppm.

After the party, you might increase the FC to 10 again and do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to ensure you don't have algae trying to grow.

I missed your reply yesterday. I added the recommended 27oz dry stabilizer via sock soaking method yesterday. Just based on instinct I added another 16oz chlorine yesterday after the party. Looks like I should bump that FC way up and now need 2lbs 6oz baking soda to reach a goal of 70. I'll buy some today and have to research how to add that.

I have to say thank you to you and all that have helped me in this thread. Working 2 jobs with 2 kids and coaching both their little league teams eats up most of my free time and your assistance has saved me a lot of time and worry. This site is great.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.