Over flooded pool !!! please help

Feneche

Jun 21, 2019
Las Vegas
Long story short I have pool without auto pool filler, I just come back to my house that under construction and that what I sow (see attach)
The water was running more than 24 hours to the pool
what I should do? To remove some of the water or it's ok to leave it like that ?
I'm scared to ask if it can cus any damage that the whole areas is flooded?

Which auto fiiler is the best to have if I dont have the under ground pool filler I only have underground water line that fill the jacuzzi with water valve

Attachments

• IMG-20190731-WA0028.jpg
    IMG-20190731-WA0028.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG-20190731-WA0024.jpg
    IMG-20190731-WA0024.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG-20190731-WA0023.jpg
    IMG-20190731-WA0023.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG-20190731-WA0026.jpg
    IMG-20190731-WA0026.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 114
ACK!

In your locale that water in the yard should evaporate or sink in sometime soon. Unless it's raining of course.

IDK about if you should bother to drain just yet. Someone with an inground should advise you on that.

At minimum, you'll want to test the water and adjust as needed. Probably will need to drain at least as much as you'll need to add so it won't overflow, hehe. OK, maybe drain a little soon.

You are not the first person to overfill a pool. It happens.

Having an inground pool filled to the top will not damage it. In Vegas you should get lots of evaporation and the level should drop in a few days.

Are you running the pump? The skimmer will not do anything until the water level gets down to below the top of the skimmer.

I don’t think there is a 100% reliable pool filler that you can let run unattended and expect to work 100% of the time. They simply use the type of float valves used in toilets and they occasionally fail.

Last edited:
Welp it happens. I don't have an autofill.. I actually built one and then scraped it. There was too great a chance it would fail and over fill the pool, OR if I got a leak I wouldn't know since the autofiller just keeps on filli'n. SO I just use the filler pipe that is plumbed into the pool and I set a timer... I to have over filled my pool .. but it only took once now I SET A TIMER! most of the time I fill it while I am brushing and then I turn it off, that seems like a good time and about the right amount.

I overfilled mine the other day forgot to turn the hose off. It happens it wasn't the first and won't be the last. The only damage it will do is to your wallet. Make sure to check chlorine levels though.

Tnx for the fast replay, yeah I know I will need to work to balance the pool (I have salt pool)

My real concern is what pool filler to get so it will not happen again
Does your pool have an auto fill installed?
If not, you can use a timer installed on a hose bib that you set to run every day or other day. Or you can use a sprinkler valve and use your sprinkler timer.
I am surprised a pool in Las Vegas was build without an autofill.

Reactions: Chickinvic
If not, you can use a timer installed on a hose bib that you set to run every day or other day. Or you can use a sprinkler valve and use your sprinkler timer.
A hose bib timer! why didn't I think of that!
shopping

You can even get fancier ones that you can schedule the run time. Which in Las Vegas this time of year needs to be nearly daily. My pool loses 3/4" or more each day.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have an autofill, but fill it manually bc I want it higher than the autofill will do. Before I even turn on the water, I set my phone alarm for 20 mins...then hit snooze if I need more...it has never failed me...If youre like Marty that loses 3/4" per day in summer [WOW], then a hose bib w timer seems the way to go..

At .75"/day, that's 2.25 ft per month and 4 hot months = 5 feet of water. I would see about some type of cover that would trap the water and keep it cooler - You'll replacing your pool water ever 5 hot months...

Just a new product for those of us with pool fills linked to either a hose bib or a ‘dumb’ sprinkler valve controller, these smart sprinkler controllers are perfect. One can even augment the smart controls to let the system manage the evaporation based on your locale’s weather and more accurately fill the pool each day.
I got a new one, for my 5-zone sprinkler system in hopes of saving water and remote control when I’m fixing the sprinklers. I do have an auto fill on my pool, but couldn’t believe how neat this would be if you didn’t. I overfilled my old apartment pools so many times when I could have easily added timers, just never did. Just need it to be near a WiFi signal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.